First Words

Got my first email from my birth mother today - surreal.

That's the only way to describe how this has felt for the past 24 hours. I really wasn't sure how to react - hearing your birth mother speak for the first time in over 21 years.

My friends from the US translated the letter for me within the hour. I was still in shock - and didn't know how to react. But having my Spanish teacher read it allowed for me (in Spanish) was the most moving.

Obviously my head is filled with all kinds of questions and doubts. More on that later.

But I guess what I really wanted to say is how much this makes me feel like a child. I'll always be somebody's child. But this makes me feel naive, even helpless at times - there is just so much wonder.

0 comments:


 

produced by jye smith 2007 | xxxjye@gmail.com | contact